Tuesday, June 25, 2019

The Heart's Story

My heart?

She's overjoyed that she hasn't got everything figured out yet.

She still has so much love, verve, and curiosity to express. She's definitely not done yet.

She whispers to me: "You know, there's a Korean film called: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter . . . and
Spring."

So, this is our new Spring. "No shelf for me, she says!" she announces.

"This time, I'm being found, rather than the huntress. Oh, I still will indulge in treasure hunts, but
instead of tracking with my bow and arrow, I'm making myself available--in some deep, rich, fecund
way, letting the Universe claim me--discover me, and in the process, uncover me, unearth me."

I feel the quickening of being seen, sensed, recognized, appreciated--allowing me, in turn, to extend
that to others, also learning to let the selves be found:

Found by—Found to–Lost and found—Profound.

Resounded by the choir of the Universe--found to what wasn't honored, cherished; found to what
was blown off, dismissed, diminished, disinherited; found to the nest of my own heart, a heart of kind
inquiry. Found to the easy dust of summer, dandelions and the buzzy song of insects, grasshoppers
and once green grasses gone straw-colored, crunching underfoot.

Found. Found to the magic of a cool puddle under the shade tree. Found to me! -- and the magic
awareness of truly taking in the Presence and Grace of Other. And graced we are that we are not the
only--and, that, Thank God, it isn't just all about me; that there is Other to discover, discern, by
making me available to its revealing; by listening to it, sensing it, viewing it with open and eyes and
heart--sometimes even licking it.

I saw a sign in a TV series: "Do not lick the walls." I remember licking wood fences to get a better
sense of that delicious wood smell. It made me feel a kinship with trees. I even licked barnacles
once--sharp, tangy, bland--all at once: a part of my sense-based repertoire. Hope they have barnacles
in Heaven, in our lives beyond the veil.


No comments:

Post a Comment